Saturday 16 September 2017

JD11 - The Traitor General

Good evening, this draft has been hanging around for ages so I thought I better complete it for your enjoyment. Today we have the Traitor General from the 1985 Citadel Miniatures 2000AD Judge Dredd Range, code JD10, this guy is one of my favourite miniatures not only because of his burnt grotesque appearance and being Rogue Trooper's arch nemesis in the comics but because of the lovely Rogue Trader miniatures he helped spawn, in typical fashion of the Rogue Trader range using the original sculpts from the Judge Dredd range and many others as a base. (have you spotted the Gothic Horror ones yet? I will show you another time) The infamous Imperial Inquisitor Augustus would be just another miniature without a face if the Traitor General hadn't give him that hideous head or the imperial Official would be weapon less if the Traitor General hadn't let him have an arm, I could go on, you don't realise these things until you are painting a miniature and you think 'hey! where have I painted these legs before...' 
He still about if you are interested read 'Hunted' in fairly recent 2000Ad progs,  anyway enough rambling here he is.

The Traitor General - front
The Traitor General - back

The Traitor General - front

The Traitor General - side


The Traitor General - back

The Traitor General - other side

I also started testing colour schemes for my Imperial Army miniatures, I was trying to achieve the colours from the original adverts but on closer inspection I think the miniature painters just used one grey, I used about 5 vallejo model colour grey's :D 



Imperial Army 'Trpr Davey' - Test miniature - front

Imperial Army 'Trpr Davey' - Test miniature - back



Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed
J



4 comments:

  1. Cracking job. Are these two figures being blogged together mean Traitor General will end up in 40K games? He would make a perfect characterful senior officer, especially as the Imperial Army miniatures lack such personalities.

    I want to hear more about your insights into the Gothic Horror range recycling! I got chronically over excited a few weeks back when I spotted that some Citadel Doctor Who miniatures had ended up in there. Tom Baker becomes Wino and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, I love both of them. The General instils character, as he's supposed to; and I hope the topper to be the first of many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks friendly (top most figure) - great to see the classics turned out so well. :D

    ReplyDelete