Monday 20 February 2017

Rogue Trader - TSF18 Space Zoat Loorg

Welcome back, today's miniature is from the classic Warhammer 40,00 Rogue Trader Space Zoat's range, this one is named 'Loorg' and classified as a Hero, there were three other classes of Space Zoat, Officer, Trooper and Heavy Weapons Trooper.

I haven't read much fluff about this race and only what was written in the section from page 201 from the Warhammer 40,00 Rogue Trader rulebook (which I have included below for your enjoyment), I am sure this race was mentioned in Ian Watson's 1993 Warhammer 40,00 novel 'Space Marine' and were slaves of the Tyranid Fleet (fleet name escape me).

I didn't find this the most enjoyable miniature to paint and am dreading painting the other three miniatures from this range but I went for the classic green theme of the adverts.

Space Zoat Hero Loorg - front

Space Zoat Hero Loorg - side

Space Zoat Hero Loorg - side

I took this image from the classic Warhammer 40,00 Chapter Approved - Book of Astronomican as I love the name graphic and again confusing product code, TSF18??? (answers in the comments section please).




Loorg - RT Rulebook page 203

Space Zoat Hero Loorg - page 13 RT rulebook


Zoat section from page 201 from the Warhammer 40,00 Rogue Trader rulebook





Diego's Space Raider's Kickstarter campaign has a new version of the Space Zoat under the Alien Monsters header below and I look forward to painting this one and adding it as the leader of my Citadel Zoats.




Thanks for visiting, now get following :)
J

p.s. I have a spare Space Zoat Loorg for trade if you have anything really juicy for me :)

17 comments:

  1. I like the acid green that you went for with this guy.

    The little veined elements in the weapons are great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, thanks I really struggled with this miniatures colours but I just wasn't brave enough to stray away from green.
      J

      Delete
  2. Smashing, your colour choices are just perfect, from the cold dark green to the acid one with the pink bits, just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JB, the green is going down quite well in the community, I may have to paint another.
      J

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, your color combination is so a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suber, I am glad you liked it.
      J
      p.s. all the iamges on your blog are getting blocked by our office security are they *.png's?

      Delete
  4. Nice paint job! I love zoats; we had fun including them in White Dwarf awhile ago as "lost Tyranid Hive Fleet" aliens with conversion ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tim, I don't recall that White Dwarf was it a U.S one? I would of loved to have seen it, if it was in the U.K one I may have seen it but there's so much stuff to remember.
      J

      Delete
  5. Really cool models and painting yeah , and my Reptile Centaur will serve well as lider :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diego, that was my plan, he will make a excellent leader and probably much more fun to paint :)
      J

      Delete
  6. Yeah, top notch paint up! That skin colour you chose really works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The skin colour are Vallejo Game Colour 72.031 Camouflage Green and Vallejo Model Colour 70857 Golden Olive, I think the photo software slightly alters them though, something I really need to address.
      J

      Delete
  7. That skin tone with the bright highlights is awesome, really pops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much indeed, your visits and comments really make it worth it :)
      J

      Delete
  8. Have you still got that Loorg? Definitely up for trading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I have, email me

      Delete