Friday 29 April 2016

Citadel Judge Dredd Perps Part 2


Borag Thungg, Earthlet,
I finally got around to completing the the Angel Gang from citadel Judge Dredd miniatures range and thus finishing my own Judge Child Quest, this story to me has to be in my top ten of all Judge Dredd stories and many others believe that too. I am still putting more time into my faces and moving away from the previous comic book style I used on 2000AD miniatures, please enjoy my latest efforts.


The Angel Gang united once more


Up first we have Elmer 'Pa' Angelpatriarch of the family, this is a man who hasn't softened with old age, he taught his boys how to be darn mean and spends his time planning heinous crimes for his family to commit.


Pa Angel

Next up we have Junior AngelPa's favourite son and the youngest, most evil of the Angel gang, he loves to torture his victims before killing them. 

Junior Angel

Lastly we have that horrible evil little s**t the Judge Child, this monstrous freak used his psi powers to manipulate the Angel gang to do his bidding with his end goal being.... Ha! not telling you have to read the Judge Child Quest you will not be disappointed.


The Judge Child


 Another shot of the Angel Gang together again.
The Angel Gang


And for all you purists how are shouting where is the Fink, who is also a member of the Angel family although he was not part of the Judge Child storyline, well here he is I painted this one in the early 1990's and now can't decide whether to strip and repaint or just spruce him up a bit.

The Fink

I hope you enjoyed, Florix Grabundae
J

8 comments:

  1. Very nice painting mate and one of my favourite story arcs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Chico, this and The Cursed Earth are way up there for me, a golden age of comics which had a long lasting effect on ourselves and our hobby.
      J

      Delete
  2. "My gun fires seven kinds of bullet, I sent him number 1!" For some reason I always recall this phrase when think about Dredd. Bloody excellent is the phrase that comes to mind looking at your paintjobs Jason. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words mate, more citadel Dredd in the pipeline. My head turns to mush when I think of Dredd quotes there are so many.
      J

      Delete
  3. Great gang! Really cool to see them as these where some of the very first miniatures I bought and painted :)
    /Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don, now seeing these painted in your unique style would be a delight.

      Delete